This is another recipe that came from my mum and has been made loads of times by both of us over the years. It’s just so quick and easy, and tastes yummy!
For this recipe you will need:
- 9oz (255g) rolled oats
- 6oz (170g) soft brown sugar
- 4.5oz (125g) butter
- 3oz (85g) golden syrup
- 3oz (85g) raisins (optional)
1. Mix oats and sugar (and raisins, if using) in a bowl.
2. Melt butter and syrup together in a saucepan.
3. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter and syrup mixture.
4. Press into a lined baking tray (mine is 27x19cm, which makes the flapjack come out fairly thin so a smaller tray would also work fine).
5. Bake at 175ºC for approximately 25 minutes, until golden brown. As you can see from the photo, mine came out quite dark because it was a little overcooked (I do love my tabletop oven but it’s very difficult to judge cooking times with it!) so maybe check it a bit earlier to see how it’s doing. Last time I undercooked it and it was very crumbly, so that’s a risk as well!
6. Allow to cool a little and then cut into squares (if you leave it too long, it will be too hard to cut easily – I have done this many, many times!).
7. Eat and enjoy!
Let me know if you have a go! It’s such a quick and easy recipe :)
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Click here or on the recipes tab at the top of the page to see my other favourite recipes!