I am a big fan of chocolate brownies, so whenever I eat some that I like, I always try to get the recipe! My attempts at re-creating them aren’t always hugely successful (what on earth do I do wrong?!) but this recipe is a very straightforward, reliable recipe for some yummy brownies! The friend who gave me the recipe is dairy intolerant so it has mayonnaise instead of butter in, but you’d never know that they were any different to most other brownies. It’s probably my favourite brownie recipe that I’ve tried to date.
For this recipe you will need:
3 large eggs
225g caster sugar1 tsp vanilla essence
40g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
125g dark chocolate (80% cocoa if possible)
7 tbsp Helman’s mayonnaise (this brand works best, and don’t use the low fat version!)
Chocolate chunks or nuts as required
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla essence together until slightly thickened.
- Melt the chocolate and whisk into the egg/sugar mixture
- Sieve the flour, coca and baking powder together and fold into the mixture
- Fold in the mayonnaise and add chocolate chunks or nuts if required
- Bake at 160degC for 35-40 minutes, until the top is cracking and a knife comes out clean(ish)
And there you have it, yummy brownies! Enjoy!
Thanks for reading!