My husband recently asked me if there was a particular dessert I would like to have for my birthday, and after very little thought I said “white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake!”
We’ve made this recipe many times (I have to admit he is usually the one who makes it, not me) and it’s always a winner. It’s actually much easier to make than you’d think, you don’t even need an oven. Plus, it’s a great way to impress people when you have them round for dinner! I’ve not met anyone who doesn’t like it yet.
Anyway, on with the recipe. You will need:
- 200g digestive biscuits (or we used chocolate chip cookies last time and that was pretty good!)
- 50g butter, melted
- 400g Philadelphia
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 tsp gelatine dissolved in 50ml boiling water, and allowed to cool
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 350g raspberries
- A few squares of dark chocolate, melted
(This recipe makes one cheesecake which will feed 8-10 people, or 2 hungry people over the course of a week)
1. Break up the biscuits into crumbs and combine with the melted butter. Press into the bottom of a round tin to make the base of the cheesecake (our tin is 8″ diameter).
2. Separately, beat the Philadelphia and sugar together until smooth.
3. Stir in the gelatine solution and melted chocolate until smooth.
4. Fold in the cream and 150g of the raspberries.
5. Pour this filling onto your biscuit base and refrigerate.
6. Once the cheesecake has set, decorate with the remainder of the raspberries and drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the top. Return to the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
7. Eat and enjoy!
Cheesecakes are so easy to make (we also have a recipe for a chocolate and Baileys cheesecake!) and they taste sooooo good. I hope you’ll have a go at this one. If you do, please let me know how you get on!
Thanks for reading!